Business continuity planning for unforeseen disasters impacting on normal business operations within your organisation
Over this course, we'll be covering the basics surrounding DR and BCP planning, as well as some different types of disasters and the best ways to mitigate against them.
Topics on this course are as follows:
* Overview of DR and BCP Planning
* Mitigating against different types of disasters
* Common issues than can occur during a DR test or real world disaster
* Assessing the impact of a DR test or disaster on your business
* Maintaining data protection compliance during a disaster situation
* Implications of allowing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
* Security considerations
Also included on the course are some examples of how a DR plan would be implemented in the real world, for example having key members of staff available throughout testing and having a way to contact them quickly should a real world disaster occur.
What You Will Learn!
- The basics surrounding disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Different types of disasters and some mitigations against them
- Data protection compliance during a disaster situation
- Bring your own device (BYOD) and security implications
Who Should Attend!
- IT Support Technicians and IT Managers who are working in any size of organisation