Emotional Intelligence at Work: Learn from Your Emotions
Master EQ to identify emotions in yourself and others, manage your emotions, and improve your relationships at work.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could better understand why certain people, events, and things bother you at work? And how your body and mind react in those sticky situations? If you want the tools to help you master your emotional intelligence (EQ), look no further!
Unlike your IQ, your EQ is ever-changing. This course was designed to help you discover what EQ is and how you can improve it. In this course, I’ll show you how you can better manage your emotions at work, improve your professional relationships, and recognize the subtle social cues you may be missing in the workplace, all with the goal of moving your career forward.
In this course, you will:
Discover why EQ is so important for your career
Master the signs of high and low EQ in yourself and those at work
Pinpoint why certain events or people drive you crazy--and what to do instead
Create a list of your hot buttons--the things that drive you crazy at work
Discover when your frustration may cause you to say or do the wrong thing.
Focus on strategic thinking and avoid being hijacked by a “gut” reaction brought on by low emotional intelligence
Take control of your relationships at work and discover how to create beneficial partnerships
Exercise self-control yet also express yourself passionately and authentically
Without an accurate understanding of your EQ and how it impacts your professional relationships, you’ll be missing out on one of the most important ways you can prove yourself at work and stand out from the crowd. By recognizing and actively improving your EQ, you’ll be able to show that you’re ready for the next step in your career, whatever you’d like that to be.
Using a combination of quizzes, checklists, activities, worksheets, and practical application, you’ll be able to identify situations where a lower EQ can hurt your career, and steps to raise it in order to prevent that from happening.
As an executive coach, I help people every day who haven’t mastered this skill, and I see first-hand how it impacts their career. Without a high EQ, you may find your career stalling but be unable to pinpoint the reasons why. Emotional intelligence is one of the most important skills I help my clients develop, and I created this course to help you discover how you can use this skill to get your career where you want it to be.
Are you ready to take control of your career and your own emotional intelligence? Sign up today and let’s get started!
CPE (Continuing Professional Education) eligible
Define emotional intelligence (EQ) and why it is important.
Identify the four parts of the EQ model.
Describe the biological foundations of emotion.
Recognize strategies to develop your emotional intelligence.
Identify the signs of high EQ and low EQ in yourself and others.
Define EQ highjacking.
For more information regarding administrative policies, please contact our support using the Help and Support link at the bottom of this page.
What You Will Learn!
- Discover what emotional intelligence (EQ) is and why it is so important for your career
- Identify the signs of high and low EQ in yourself and those around you
- Avoid being hijacked by a “gut” reaction brought about by low EQ
- Take control of your relationships at work and create rewarding partnerships
- Recognize which events or people drive you crazy--and strategies for how to cope
- Exercise self-control while expressing yourself passionately and authentically
Who Should Attend!
- Employees who want to better manage their emotions, identify subtle clues others send with their emotions, and improve their workplace relationships
- Managers who want to better understand how to motivate and coach their team members
- This course is NOT for someone who works from home exclusively. While anyone can benefit from this material, true application in a work environment (office, retail, manufacturing, etc.) is key.