Learn to construct, trace, transfer, tile & paint six compositions based on four patterns from around the Islamic world.
In each of the four Sections you will learn to construct a different Islamic Geometric Pattern using a compass and ruler.
Section 2: An Itimud Ud Daula Pattern - The Mausoleum Walls
Section 3: A Bou Inania Pattern - The Wooden Jaali
Section 4: An Alhambra Pattern - The Static Geometric Rosette Variation
Section 5: A Moroccan Pattern - The Classic Zellige
These patterns each have a different underlying grid all based on one circle being divided into eight. Once the pattern is constructed, you will see how to trace, transfer and tile the pattern in to a bigger composition.
I will also provide alternative tilings and variations so that you can create a final composition of your choice. I will complete each unit by showing you how I use watercolour pencils and paints on watercolour paper to create a final colourful composition for each unit.
What You Will Learn!
- Construct four different eightfold Islamic geometric patterns
- Trace, transfer and tile the pattern to create a larger composition.
- Create an interwoven effect.
- Add colour and create different finishes using watercolour pencils and paints.
- Create a subtle 3D effect by outlining in paint or metallic pen.
Who Should Attend!
- Suitable for who have completed the "Draw Islamic Geometric Patterns With A Compass And Ruler" beginners course
- Suitable for those who have some other previous experience of drawing with a pencil, ruler and compass.