Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP)
The Plan and Acquire Resources (PMI - PMP) is course 17 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP).
Unless you plan to do all the work on your project yourself, you're going to need to put a team together. That's not as easy as it sounds. You have to have people with the right mix of skills and expertise to make up a high- performing team.
You will need to be able to identify and acquire all the resources you'll need for project success. In this course, you'll learn how to develop a resource management plan.
You'll also learn best practices for estimating and acquiring necessary resources, developing and managing the project team, and optimizing resources throughout the project.
1. Project Resource Management Overview
2. Inputs to Plan Resource Management
3. Plan Resource Management Tools and Techniques
4. RACI Charts
5. Outputs of Plan Resource Management
6. The Estimate Activity Resources Process
7. Inputs to Estimate Activity Resources
8. Tools and Techniques to Estimate Activity Resources
9. The Bottom-up Estimating Technique
10. Estimate Activity Resources Outputs
11. The Resource Breakdown Structure
12. Inputs to Acquire Resources
13. Tools and Techniques to Acquire Resources
14. Negotiating to Acquire Resources
15. Outputs of Acquire Resources
16. Exercise: Planning Resources for Your Project
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
What You Will Learn!
- Recognize the role of the project manager in project resource management activities
- Understand examples of inputs to the Plan Resource Management process
- Identify the tools and techniques of the Plan Resource Management process
- Describe the components of a RACI chart
- Recognize examples of information that should be included in the roles and responsibilities section of a resource management plan
- Identify the purpose of the Estimate Activity Resources process
- Recognize examples of the inputs to Estimate Activity Resources process
- Identify the tools and techniques you use for estimating activity resources
- Present the principles of using the bottom-up estimating technique
- Understand the outputs of the Estimate Activity Resources process
- Describe a resource breakdown structure, given a scenario
- Recognize the inputs to the Acquire Resources process
- Identify the tools and techniques you use to acquire resources for a project
- Sequence the steps for using negotiation to acquire project resources
- Identify the outputs of the Acquire Resources process
- Demonstrate your understanding of the Plan Resource Management, Estimate Activity Resources, and Acquire Resources processes
Who Should Attend!
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.