Learn the Skills to be a Supply Chain Professional. Save Thousands each Month Thinking Like a Supply Chain Expert.
This video course is your starting point to learn the field of Manufacturing and Supply Chain. An ingredient for an effective and efficient supply chain is gaining the knowledge and skills to take you and your organization to the next level. With this course you can strengthen your overall performance and optimize your organization's return on investment.
Whether you are a student wanting to learn a new field, already a Supply Chain professional needing to refresh your skills or any business professional seeking to supplement your body of knowledge, this introductory video training course is exactly what you are looking for. Unlike other courses that teach you the high level textbook theory, I will start with the basics and teach you through examples and exercises, principles which you can apply and start using immediately.
If your goal is APICS certification, this course covers Basics of Supply Chain Management and can assist your preparation for the exam.
Achieving excellence in managing a supply chain is essential for businesses to be successful. The challenge with globalization is that time and distance are added to supply chains which translates to more cost, complexity and risk. This as well becomes an opportunity. Successfully navigating the complexities and risks provides a competitive advantage and sets you and your organization well above the rest for continued growth and success.
Your journey towards becoming a Supply Chain Expert starts here.
Every minute you delay may actually be COSTING you or your business money...
What You Will Learn!
- 24 instructor lead and independent exercises and solutions, 40 quiz questions & solutions.
- Gain an understanding of Demand and the types of demand.
- Learn to spot the different patterns of demand.
- Learn to forecast demand using various forecasting techniques, which is the easiest method, which method will give you the best results.
- Understand forecast error and how to deal with it.
- Gain an understanding of Manufacturing.
- Learn the different manufacturing strategies and what environment is suitable for your product.
- Learn about the Product Life Cycle and how it influences the manufacturing strategy.
- Learn about the various manufacturing processes and layouts in relation to the product.
- Gain an understanding of Production Planning.
- Learn the strategies for developing a Production Plan.
- Learn Resource Requirements Planning (RRP) to check the capacity needed for the Production Plan.
- Gain an understanding of the Master Production Schedule and its relationship to the Production Plan.
- Create a Master Production Schedule, understand Projected Available Balance (PAB).
- Learn Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP) to check the capacity needed for the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Learn the planning tool Available-to-Promise (ATP) and its relationship to making commitments to customers.
- Gain an understanding of Material Requirements Planning.
- Learn about a Bill-of-Material and its importance to Material Requirements Planning.
- Learn about Manufacturing Lead-Time.
- Understand how MRP logic works and learn the use of lead-time Offsetting and Exploding.
- Learn how MRP software works - understand Planning Orders, Released Orders, MRP Action Messages and MRP Exception Messages.
- Learn Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP) to check the capacity needed for the Material Requirements Plan (MRP).
- Learn to calculate Available Capacity, Available Time, Utilization and Efficiency.
- Learn to calculate Rated Capacity.
- Gain an understanding of Production Activity Control.
- Summary of Manufacturing Planning and Control.
- Gain an understanding of Inventory.
- Learn about Customer Service and Safety Stock.
- Learn about a Stock-Out.
- Learn about Inventoy Carrying Costs and Ordering Costs and their relationship.
- Understand the Economic Order Quantity (EOQ).
- Learn how to manage Inventory.
- Learn ABC Analysis and Pareto's Law (the 80/20 rule).
- Gain an understanding of Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Gain an understanding of Supply Chain Sustainability.
Who Should Attend!
- Anyone wanting to learn about Supply Chain.
- Anyone looking for a career change in the Supply Chain field.
- Anyone already in Supply Chain and looking for a quick refresher.
- Any business professional looking to supplement their knowledge.
- Anyone seeking APICS certification.